Praise for Not A Partnership
"If you're in a relationship, or interested in a relationship, Not A Partnership is not a book you want to miss. Tod and Peter seamlessly weave psychology and theology, research and storytelling, theory and practice."
– Tal Ben-Shahar, Co-Founder Happiness Studies Academy
"In Not A Partnership, Lynn and Jacobs provide couples with a spicy combination of current research, ancient wisdom and pithy language designed to provoke them into radical new thinking about what marriage is and offers them effective ways to create a thriving relationship. Their message is simple and profound: marriage is not about receiving. It is about giving. And they provide the reader with the science and consequences for the relationship. We recommend this book to all couples who want a fresh take on marriage and to all therapists who want more satisfaction in helping couples thrive."
– Harville Hendrix, Ph.D. and Helen LaKelly Hunt, Ph.D. co-authors of Giving the Love That Heals: A Guide for Couples
"A compelling and comprehensive work on marriage. I love the ideas and practicality of the entire book. I learned a lot along the way!"
– Tom Rath, #1 New York Times bestselling author of Are You Fully Charged and #1 Wall Street Journal bestselling author of StrengthsFinder 2.0
"Jacobs & Lynn bring wisdom that is timeless, practical and human to a subject about which you can never be too smart."
– Stewart D. Friedman, Professor of Management Practice at The Wharton School & author of Total Leadership: Be a Better Leader, Have a Richer Life
"Not A Partnership is a very wise book. Jacobs and Lynn offer loads of down-to-earth, actionable advice to enrich and sustain marriages that, while rooted in revered ancient texts, is as contemporary as today's headlines. I recommend the book to anyone who is married, was married, or is thinking of getting married."
– Barry Schwartz, bestselling author of The Paradox of Choice, Why We Work, and Practical Wisdom with Kenneth Sharp
"A fun read that looks at marriage from a broader and deeper perspective than any I’ve read, and at the same time offers much practical advice. I especially love the book’s partnering of Biblical and psychological wisdoms. Well done!"
– Susan Heitler, PhD, author of The Power of Two: Secrets to a Strong & Loving Marriage
"Right from the title page, Not A Partnership, is provocative, thoughtful, inspired… They dive into some areas of relationships where other authors may fear to tread, they take on some fundamental beliefs about what marriage is perceived to be, and they unabashedly look under all the rocks and unearth some true gems… couples may want to buy two copies of this book, one for each to read, make notes in, and reflect on. Once I got to the end of the book, I did have to pause and reflect on my own marriage and my own relationships."
– Lisa Sansom, MAPP, Positive Psychology News
"Read with a highlighter, as this is a rare book packed with real wisdom and practical tools to enhance any marriage."
– Lori Palatnik
Founding Director of Momentum
Author of "Turn Your Husband Into Your Soul Mate"
"This is hands down the best book I’ve read about what it takes to have an amazing, happy, meaningful, and fulfilling relationship. It provided some much-needed reminders and insights for me even though I write about relationships for a living and I noticed a shift in my own relationship immediately before I was even finished with the book. This book is essential reading no matter what stage of a relationship you’re in… whether you’re single or have been married for decades."
– Sabrina Alexis, bestselling author of 10 Things Every Woman Needs to Know About Men, and founder of anewmode.com